EU: New MDCG Documents on Clinical investigation
The Medical Device Coordination Group (MDCG) has established a series of clinical investigation application/notification documents to support clinical investigation procedures with respect to MDR.
These documents include:
- Clinical investigation – application/notification form under the MDR
- Addendum to the clinical investigation application/notification form for: Additional investigational device(s) (section 3), Additional comparator device(s) (section 4), Additional investigation site(s) (section 5)
- Clinical investigation supporting documents – Appendix of documents to attach
- Checklist of general safety and performance requirements, Standards, common specifications and scientific advice
You can find them in the following document: Clinical investigation application/notification documents
Additionally, the MDCG has published a document with the questions and answers in respect to the clinical investigations under the MDR.
You find the document here: MDCG 2021-6 Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – Questions & Answers regarding clinical investigation.
- ATTENTION: fake certificates
- EU: New MDCG document Q&A on custom-made devices
- EU: New MDCG Documents on Clinical investigation
- EU: EUDAMED – new documents from the European Commission and MDCG
- EU: Is your software a medical device? An infographic
- EU: How to master a MDR challenge – experts in the LSN Magazine
- EU: MDR Initial Conformity Assessment Process as a Chart
- EU: UDI – Helpdesk and a new MDCG Guidance